Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Why am I doing this?

Today at the gym I was stopped by a complete stranger.  She said "I am sorry but I have been watching you for the past few months and you look amazing!"  What a nice thing for her to do because after that I felt amazing!  (Much better than the last time a stranger stopped me at the gym.  An old lady stopped to tell me that I need to stop running so much and start doing water aerobics because she lost over 50 lbs doing it.  Really?!  Basically what I took from that was she thought I needed to lose 50 lbs and running obviously wasn't doing it!  So annoying!)

Why is it that a complete stranger would take time out of her day to compliment me and encourage me but the people that I thought would be my biggest cheerleaders and supporters haven't said a word?  Haven't acknowledged my accomplishments?  I have to admit that the past few days I have been hurt and down right mad.  Why am I doing this if no one else cares or even notices?  Maybe I should go back to eating pizza and cheeseburgers and weighing 250 lbs!  But then last night I asked myself "Why are you doing this?  Because if you are doing this for other people you are going to fail - AGAIN!"

So my answer is I am doing this for me and me alone because this is the first time I have ever put me first.  I don't know why the people that I thought would be there for me aren't.  Maybe they don't agree with what I am doing so they can't support me, maybe they are jealous because they feel like they can't do it for themselves or maybe they just don't care. LOL!  and that's okay because the only cheerleader and supporter that matters is ME!

No comments: