Friday, November 11, 2011

I don't care how good it tastes, how will it make my butt look in those jeans?

Last night I had my worst temptation yet!  My favorite food ever is PIZZA!  I could (and have) eat pizza for every meal.  I even eat it cold for breakfast!  Last night was Bryson's end-of-the-season t-ball party.  I knew there would be pizza so I ate before I went.  I was full so there was no reason to be tempted other than just pure habit.  Scott and Bryson had already eaten too but for some reason they both ended up eating pizza...hmmm...so much for their support.  For dessert they had homemade whoopie pies, chocolate cake with white icing just like oreo cakesters.  Actually those were less of a temptation than the pizza but they were bite size so just one would be okay, right?  No way!  I stood strong and resisted. So how did I do it? By just repeating my new motto..."I don't care how good it tastes, how will it make my butt look in those jeans?"

Earlier this week I did exactly what I said I wasn't going to do.  I bought a pair of jeans that are a size too small with hopes that I will fit into them when I reach my goal weight.  Every time I have done this in the past it usually backfires and I end up gaining weight.  But this time I couldn't resist.  It's like they were calling my name.  Plus they are $100 jeans on sale for $25!  I love Marshalls!

I am so proud of myself for not giving in to temptation.  Before I would have said, "one piece won't hurt, I'll just be EXTRA good tomorrow!"  Resisting definitely paid off!  Yesterday I lost 1.5 lbs!  That's 9.5 lbs in 11 days. 

No comments: