Monday, November 14, 2011

Give me an APPLE!

It's finally here!  I made it!  And guess what?  I didn't die or kill anyone in the process!  I made it 14 days without bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, fruit or any sugar!  Honestly, I can't believe that I did it.  Never, ever, in a million years did I think I would be able to do it, but I did!  When I looked at the foods to avoid for phase 1 I thought "I'm going to starve to death because all of those things are staples in EVERY meal that I cook."  But I decided to give it 1 week.  I can give up anything for 1 week and if I lose weight (and it's not too hard) I will do it again for a second week.  Well, after 14 days I've made it to phase 2.  Now I can add back in bread, pasta, starchy veggies, etc.  So what am I going to eat first?  A big old bun with my cheeseburger? No!  A tortilla with my tacos? No!  Spaghetti noodles with my spaghetti sauce?  NOPE!  A plain old apple!  That's it! 

In just two weeks I have gone from a complete carb and sugar addict to not even wanting to add that stuff back to my diet.  I really think I have turned into one of those crazy people that orders a salad at a burger joint.  I've always envied those people for their extreme willpower to resist the delicious burgers and fries but now I've realized that they weren't using extreme willpower to resist temptation.  They weren't even tempted by that stuff because they weren't craving it.  Wow!  After another two weeks of this I might even start to like vegetables. LOL!

No comments: