Thursday, December 01, 2011

1 month down, the rest of my life to go!

My first month is over.  I have lost 15 pounds and have already worn my goal jeans twice this week!  I've dropped two sizes and I actually had a temper tantrum earlier this week because every article of clothing I put on was too big.  Usually I have the opposite problem.

I'm still following phase 1, the most restrictive phase but sometimes I do add an apple as my afternoon snack.  I've decided to stick to it as long as it's working and I don't feel deprived.  Maybe eventually I will start adding more foods back but right now it's been really easy to stay with it.

I am within 1 pound of my goal weight and have already reached my goal size but I have to remind myself that I am not finished.  I will NEVER be finished.  I will always have to be aware of what I eat and how hard I workout.  I am not "being hard on myself" or "not recognizing my accomplishments" as many friends have said.  I have recognized my accomplishments and I am VERY proud of myself.  I have worked really hard to get here.  I am smaller now than I was in middle school and it feels amazing!  But the moment I feel like I am done is the moment that I will quit and I don't want that for myself.  I've done that too many times before and I deserve better this time.  This is not a 50 yard dash, this is an ULTRA marathon that will last the rest of my life.

No comments: